Publication Order of Charley Davidson Books
|First Grave on the Right||(2011)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|For I Have Sinned||(2011)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Second Grave on the Left||(2011)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Third Grave Dead Ahead||(2012)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet||(2012)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Fifth Grave Past the Light||(2013)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Sixth Grave on the Edge||(2014)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Seventh Grave and No Body||(2014)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Eighth Grave After Dark||(2015)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Brighter Than the Sun||(2015)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|The Dirt on Ninth Grave||(2016)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|The Curse of Tenth Grave||(2016)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Eleventh Grave in Moonlight||(2017)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
Chronological Order of Charley Davidson Books
Publication Order of Darklight Books
|Death and the Girl Next Door||(2012)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Death, Doom and Detention||(2013)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Death and the Girl He Loves||(2013)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
Publication Order of Short Story Collections
Darynda Jones is an American writer who has written famous thriller series, the Charley Davidson and the Darklight Trilogy. The Charley Davidson series is a seven novel series based on paranormal romantic thrillers while the Darklight Trilogy is a three novel young adult series. Darynda lives with her husband in New Mexico, whom she has been married for the past 30 years and two sons. When she was five years old, she used to scribble on a notepad and would consider it a masterpiece. Her mother would support her by boosting her confidence and inspiring her to write something sensible. Slowly, she started writing plays for the kids in her neighborhood and helped her brother to develop some stories to play with cars. She developed a character named Captain Kirk for her brother who liked it very much. She developed her imagination to write fantastic stories for Barbie and Ken. Darynda Jones used to daydream in her school class and was repeatedly told to appear before the principal. She would always dream about her novel characters and plot, in the class. She managed to finish her first manuscript in high school. It was a science fiction story about a group of teens tunnels, after decades of destruction of the Earth by World War III. Later she graduated and got married.
Darynda moved to Albuquerque to admit his elder son to a Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing program, as he was born deaf. Till that time she used to write occasional stories and had not taken up writing very seriously. She joined college and graduated with a degree in Sign Language Interpreting. She started teaching at a local college. By this time she again started developing the desire to write. She took writing seriously in 2002 and tried to gain a publishing contract, but all in vain. Then too, she continued with her desire and completed three manuscripts for the Charley Davidson series. The series got her a Golden Heart and RITA and made her a bestselling author as declare by New York Times and USA Today. It all started with the first novel of the series. Darynda Jones sold it to St. Martin’s Press with a three-book deal. Some of the characters developed by Darynda Jones are as follows:
1. CHARLEY DAVIDSON: Charley plays the main lead in the novel. She is a personal investigator and used to help her father and Uncle Bob in solving cases since her childhood days. She is witty and sarcastic and full of reaper abilities. She has some unique abilities like healing power faster than any human being, running speed greater than everyone else, talking to the dead and few other cunning abilities.
2. LELAND DAVIDSON: Leland is Charley’s father and a former policeman who now owns a bar. He loves Charley very much and has allowed her to use the second floor of his restaurant bar, as her office. He is well aware of Charley’s abilities and knows that she can come out if any situation because of her abilities and skills.
3. REYES FARROW: Reyes is a boy who Charley met when they were younger. She saved him from getting beaten by his father. He used to call her ‘Dutch’ at that time and often visits her in her dreams. He is the son of Satan and is sent to search for Grim reaper. But when he saw Charley he got born on Earth. He is a portal to hell as Charley is a portal to heaven.
4. GEMMA: Gemma is Charley’s elder sister. She is estranged with her and rarely speaks with her. She knows that Charley can talk to the dead, but does not know that she is a Grim reaper. She easily gets along with her stepmother.
Angel is a thirteen year old ghost who Charley met at the same time as Reyes. Angel was killed in a drive by as he was trying to stop it and now works for Charley in solving cases and tailing suspects. Charley sends money to his mother that he would have earned. He always tries to see Charlie without clothes.
6. ROCKET: Rocket is also a ghost who appears as a big kid even though he is old and lives in an asylum. He has a unique ability of knowing the names of everyone who has died. He enjoys scaring Charley and it makes him excited.
The Charley Davidson series is a seven novel series published by St. Martin’s Press from 2011 to 2014. The first novel of the series was published in the year 2011 and was an award-winning and smashing debut novel by Darynda Jones. The ‘First Grave on The Right’ introduces Charley Davidson as a private investigator. She can see and touch dead people. She has the job of convincing them to ”go into the light ”. Some of them would ask Charley to bring their murderers to justice. She is often seen having a dream about something she thinks is completely a different entity. The novel won the RWA Golden Heart Award for the Best Paranormal Romance in 2009, an award for unpublished authors. Later Darynda Jones also won the RWA RITA for her novel as Best First Book in 2012. Other awards include the HOLT Medallions for Best Paranormal and Best First Book in 2011, BOOKIE award in 2012 and the GOTCHA! First Place award in 2009. The novel was also published in all the major foreign languages.
The second novel of the series titled ‘Second Grave On The Left’ is the continuation of the first novel. The novel shows Charley, trying to find a missing woman named Mimi. The woman’s husband reveals to her that she had been acting strangely after hearing that an old high school friend of hers has been murdered a couple of weeks ago. Mimi tried to leave a message for Charley by writing the name of her friend on a bathroom wall. Meanwhile, Reyes continues to haunt Charley has left his corporeal body of being tortured by the demons for luring Charley closer. But, Reyes does not want them to have the portal to heaven. The story gets interesting as Charley has to handle rough days trying to search, a missing woman and even more rough nights getting haunted by Reyes. The Novel was nominated for numerous awards and even won a few. It won the Daphne du Maurier Award in 2012, the Kiss of Death Chapter Best Paranormal Romance Award in 2012 and the BOOKIE Award also in 2012.Book Series In Order » Authors » Darynda Jones