Publication Order of Peter Wimsey Books
|Whose Body?||(1923)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Clouds of Witness||(1926)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Unnatural Death||(1927)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Lord Peter Views the Body||(1928)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club||(1928)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Strong Poison||(1930)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|The Five Red Herrings||(1931)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Have His Carcase||(1932)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Hangman's Holiday||(1933)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Murder Must Advertise||(1933)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|The Nine Tailors||(1934)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Gaudy Night||(1935)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Busman's Honeymoon||(1937)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|In the Teeth of the Evidence||(1939)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Lord Peter: The Complete Lord Peter Wimsey Stories||(1972)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|Striding Folly||(1972)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
Publication Order of Peter Wimsey/Harriet Vane Books
|Thrones, Dominations||(1998)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
|A Presumption of Death||(2002)||Hardcover Paperback Kindle|
Lord Peter Bredon Wimsey the leading role in Dorothy L Sayers series, plays the role of a detective with no legal law enforcement permit. As depicted in the series, Wimsey is an aging man born in 1890. He is of average height, a beaked nose straw-colored hair making an impression of a foolish face. He also exhibits athletic capabilities and considerable intelligence by playing cricket for Oxford University. He spends his life solving mysteries without receiving payment all for his amusement. The well rounded character has other exception interests including classical music, food and wine matters and male fashion. He has excellent piano skills and does incredible work for Bach. A twist of interesting facts like his 12-cylinder 1924 Daimler car which he refers to as Mrs Merdle are some of his hilarious aspects. While working for Pym,s Publicity Ltd he conducts successive publicity campaigns for Whifflet cigarettes. His playful roles both as very helpful investigator and a lover play on through the whole series. The so nearly perfect series will leave you intrigued and asking for more.
· The Major Mysteries Played by Lord Peter Bredon Wimsey
Clouds of Witness— A blend of astonishing turn of events comes to play when Wimsey’s brother in law is murdered. Intense suspense holds a degree of interest in the viewer as Lord Peter attempts to untangle the mystery. To make the matters even more intriguing there is a death of two siblings in Bellona Club on the very same day. Wimsey has to decide how and who shall inherit the fortune left.
· Murder Must Advertise— in this section, with every progression in the tale, more astonishing events take place, keeping the viewer hooked. In this scene Lord Peter does dark undercover jobs trying to shed some light on the death of a copywriter at Pym’s Publicity. This death will lead to secrets being unraveled as well as keep the story interesting. More secrets are brought to light and more guilty persons brought to justice. The story never ends and will leave you interested and asking for more of the secret ful story in the entire series. Not only are the characters fun but also interesting.
· Five Red Herrings— this series contains a roller coaster ride of a story as Wimsey investigates the murder of an unpopular artist. With little to no evidence has to gather all the evidence he can possibly gather in order to find out who murdered the poor artist and bring them to justice.
· The Nine Tailors— A blend of astonishing secrets revolving around stolen emeralds and decade old unidentifiable corpses takes place making the mystery full series one of a kind. Lord Peter tries to find out who stole the emeralds while also solving the mystery about corpses.
Murder mysteries From Crime Novels Of Dorothy L. Sayers
The romantic scenes depict the relationship of Lord Peter Wimsey and Harriet Vane in three mysteries; “Strong Poison,” “Have His Carcass” and “Gaudy Night.” despite the murders that occur wherever Harriet happens to be, Lord Peter Wimsey hardly believes her complicity
· Strong Poison- A blend of romance and thrilling fantasy forges a memorable scene as Lord Peter finds himself enchanted to Harriet Walter. Harriet is unfortunately on trial with murder charges. Even with irrefutable evidence, Wimsey believes she is innocent and once again seeks to reveal the real killer. Brilliant speculation and unpredictable scenes emerge and one can do nothing but watch more. This intense beautifully presented romantic scene is a fantasy drama done right. It is a total aw-worthy display of life toughest challenges and the courage to move on. Sayers presents intense suspense in the mystery and builds it up to a satisfying climax. A touch of comedy brings about fun in these intense moments. The mind is taken through an intriguing adventure without compromising on attention to detail. A combination of great performance and classical introduction of characters makes the story memorable. Petherbridge does justice to his role as Wimsey bringing about his enticing qualities brilliance and ability to fall hopelessly in love without losing his dignity. Walter’s role as Harriet is well played as the story depicts that her silence speaks more than words.
· Have His Carcass- In the quest to get over the despicable circumstances in trial, Harriet finds herself in contact with a killed body and once again Lord Peter has to come to her rescue in the case. Sayer shows the great character of Lord Peter as he tries to help Harriet. Breath taking locales in this cleverly conceived story keeps the reader intrigued in this roller coaster ride of a story.
· Gaudy Night- Harriet has not yet given in to Lord Peter’s frequent proposals despite his relentless determination. Wimsey is on journey to do Foreign Service work as Harriet moves on to visit her Oxford alma bringing about the poison-pen scandal. Since Harriet is a mystery writer she is responsible for the investigation. A great continuity in turn of events takes place and a view can only wait to see what happens next. This is the most interesting and unique series ever created.
This series is one of a kind and every viewer will be interested with the twist in the turn of events. Though there have been many mystery stories this series stands out in uniqueness and great content. It is exciting to see the difference between the mysteries Lord Peter solves on his own for his amusements and those revolving around Harriet he did out of love. The depiction of him as a British man plays a great importance to culture in the entire series.
The series from the famed Sayer will introduce you to a world of first class mystery stories. Not only does Sayer know how to capture the suspense of a viewer, she also makes a twist to lead to a memorable climax. The scenes are perfect and roles well played and a viewer cannot lose interest while watching. This series will create a lasting memory that you will never forget. You can now go ahead and make an informed decision to watch this breathtaking series for an experience of your life.